Sunday, June 22, 2008

CT Surfrider Foundation: Beach Bash

So how was your weekend!?! I went to the beach in Bridgeport, CT because the Connecticut Surfrider Foundation held their first Beach Bash. My father is involved and is a founding father of this amazing non-profit Foundation. This foundation not only holds members that are surfers, but members that do any water sport and/or want to help the beach enviornment, such as cleaning beaches. My father does all of this, including teaching others to surf (as the picture shows below).


So you're probably thinking, what does surfing have to do with salsa?!?!? WELL...my father also was in charge of entertainment at this event. So he happened to "hire" my uncles and friends, to bust out their instruments and play by the beach!
You could imagine the attention the musicains and Surfrider Foundation were giving. There was a crowd at one point and others who wanted to know a little about what the foundation was all about, as well of salsa dancing!!!


Of course I caught some pictures of the band, people dancing, and caught of picture of me and my "boyfriend" getting down to the salsa sounds by the ocean. All in all, the event was a success and I spent my Saturday day, dancing by the waves!

Fams Dancing

Me and My 4 year-old "Boyfriend"

1 comment:

LoveHateSensation said...

this looks so fun and exciting. You should make dancing by the beach a yearly event!!

Musica


MusicPlaylist