Monday, June 9, 2008

MOMA Having Some Sassy-ness

Over the weekend I went to the Museum Of Modern Art located in New York, New York. The Museum was very interesting and inspiring. There was alot of 'thinking' involved when looking at the paintings, sculptures, films, and architectures. I ran across 2 paintings that reminded me of Salsa in some way. The first one shown is by the famous Pablo Picaso, while the second one I forgot to catch the designer's name. Yea..also forgot the year the paintings were made and the title, blah..yea I know...and I'M SORRY I usually don't do things like this..lol. But going to the Museum was a good experience and a calm, relaxing event.


Alright so this painting is the Picaso painting. The first thing that I noticed about this painting was the acoustic guitar that is right smacked in the middle. I thought of the guitar then the paranda (music and festivities associated with Christmas). During paranda, there are LOTS of songs, singing, eating and great memories! The painting reminded me of me and my family having a paranda, all gathered together.

Now the second painting was a painting that went across 4 walls explaining the women and their roles in dance and sexual play. Something like

that, BUT the most important part is that I remember the dance aspiration part of the painting..not the sexual part, lol. So yes, out of the 4 walls this portion of one wall was the most approiate and section that referred to dancing. The top part of the painting reminded me more of ballet at first, but then I thought of slow salsa movements and following the beat of the congas. Referring to the way I think, the bottom of the painting, I see a woman dancing aside a person who is playing some type of instrument.

MOMA had many other paintings that made you think or simply want to take a picture of. All I needed was the cheese, grapes and fine wine. I sugguest if you're into Modern Art or just Art, check out the website (www.moma.org).




1 comment:

SF (Candid) said...

Yes the Acoustic guitar is smacked dead in the middle lol i want one and will soon be purchasing one lol.....and the woman's role art also intrigued the hell outta me!

Musica


MusicPlaylist