Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I Love 'In The Heights'!

In The Heights began as an original musical conceived by Lin-Manuel Miranda (Picture of him and I on the right). Might I add, that Lin is a genius for being the original creator of the storyline, music and lyrics of the musical. The music is a combination of the genres salsa, merengue, bachata, reggeaton and hip hop. There was one scene where there was tons of salsa dancing; made me yell out "wepa!"

Luckily I got to meet Lin and the rest of the cast of In The Heights and all of them were very, very nice. As you can see Lin is being silly, sticking his tongue out..lol :D

This is the ultimate, best Broadway show I have ever seen in my life! The stage set, plot of the story, music and actors are all amazing! Words can NOT describe the feeling that I was experiencing the day I seen the show.

In The Heights is about the culture and people that live in Washington Heights, New York. The musical is a 3 day-period of showing the life of many characters that have their own personality and problems. As I stated in previous posts, I explained that In The Heights is about chasing your dreams {even if it's getting out of the barrio} and finding out where your real home is.
I would recommend this show to anyone and everyone! I am truly infatuated with this show because hearing the music and watching the actors portray this wonderful story, makes me feel at home and feel like the characters are my neighborhood friends.
"Well you must take the A train
Even farther than Harlem
To norther Manhattan and maintain
Get off at 181st and take the escalator"
~ In The Heights

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw them do like a short thing of their show on Regis and Kelly and I fell in love. I've been wanting to see the whole show ever since.

Musica


MusicPlaylist