Friday, July 4, 2008

Piragua, $96,000, Paciencia y Fe..Only in, IN THE HEIGHTS

IN THE HEIGHTS
(*To view video, turn music off at bottom of page)

Tony's 2008 Best Musical is blowing UP in the 'Broadway World!'
The New York Times calls it, "A musical about chasing your dreams and finding your true home, with enough energy to light up the George Washington Bridge. A SINGULAR NEW SENSATION!"
In The Heights began as an original musical conceived by Lin-Manuel Miranda during his sophomore year at Wesleyan University. Its Off-Broadway run at 37 Arts, In The Heights quickly became an audience phenomenon and a critical success, capturing people of Latin and non-Latin decent. Over 200 performances, In The Heights planned to move onto Broadway with enhancements of the script and crew. It's move was made on February 14, 2008 and on March 9, 2008, the cast and crew celebrated their Opening Night. The music consists of R&B, Hip Hop, Merengue, Salsa y Bachata. As shown in the video above, you can
see some of the hip hop and salsa moves that are
done in the musical.
So, not only do I love to dance (salsa), but mi encanto singing and acting...yes I am a Broadway Gal!! So when I heard about this musical, awhile back, I figured that it's just a musical that TRIES to portray the life of Latinos. Boy was I wrong!!! When I first saw a clip of this wonderful musical, I was instantly HOOKED! And I am currently obsessed with the show now. Really...I am completly obsessed..lol.
So I did some research on the show, talked to a friend of mine (Primo Danny), and booked tickets to the show. Primo Danny y yo have been counting down the days to go see this wonderful musical. Then, it just so happened that the musical won Best Musical, Original Score (music and/or lyrics), Best Choreography, and Best Orchestrations; Not to shabby for being on Broadway for 3 months, huh!? So 16 more days until I go see this Sassy, Latino Musical & you KNOW I'm going to write an entry on it! Ya Ud. Sabe!!
You Don't Need To Be Latin, To Feel It!!!
BY THE WAY....HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

No comments:

Musica


MusicPlaylist